The International Security Observer welcomes submissions of original articles and papers from volunteer contributors with a strong interest and expertise in security and defense affairs. There are two kinds of profiles you can apply for:
- Regular contributor: you are willing to publish regularly with at least one article every two months;
- Guest contributor: you want to publish an original article you have previously written but do not intend to contribute regularly;
If you are interested in writing for us, please take a look at the guidelines below before filling out the application form. For any question, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Topic: the article should be security or defense related, no matter if in the fields of conflict analyses, energy, economic or cyber security;
- Length: the words count should be between 700 and 1400 words. Longer articles or papers may be accepted upon discretion of the editorial board;
- Abstract: a first paragraph should briefly summarize the content of the article;
- References: references are compulsory. These have to be reported as end-notes following this example:
- BBC News, Profile: Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), June 16, 2014, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24179084 (accessed June 20, 2014);
- Methodology: Respect of objectivity and methodological procedures;
Once submitted, the article will be reviewed by our editorial board, who will evaluate it as follow:
- Publishable: the article requires no further revision and it is ready to be published. In this case the author will be notified by email about the publication date;
- Not yet publishable: the editorial board may suggest some modification using comments and track changes. In this case, the draft will be sent back to the author for the editing;
- Not publishable: the article did not respect the above mentioned requirements, above all with respect to: topic, references or methodology;
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that only selected candidates will be notified.